Monday, May 25, 2009

JUST BUZZING BY



First of all, I would like to wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day. Don't forget to thank a Veteran for your freedom today or take time to remember those that lost their lives for our freedom.

Today's card is last week's Mojo Monday Sketch Week 87. If you haven't checked out the Mojo Monday blog, you can check it out here. Here's my take on the sketch. I just love the little bee. Shamefully, I've had this "Just Buzzing By" stamp set for some time and this is the first time these images have been inked up. I used my watercolor pencils with the blender pen to color in the bee and the honey pot. I just had to add the Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the wings and honey. Love that stuff - can't live without it. The sentiment is stamped in craft ink and heat set with white embossing powder.
Would you like to see another take on this sketch? Buzz on over to Dee's blog and check out her card. (All puns intended.)

All Stampin' Up! Supplies: Stamps - Just Buzzing By; Card Stock - Whisper White, So Saffron, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Watercolor Paper, Bella Rose DSP, Patterns Pack DSP II; Ink - Jet Black Staz-On, Whisper White Craft Ink, Pumpkin Pie marker; Accessories -
Punches - Scallop Circle, 1 1/4" Circle, 1" Circle, Scallop Edge; Circle Scissor Plus, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Vintage Brads, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Natural Hemp Twine, Dimensionals




2 comments:

  1. Love this card. The coloring is perfect. I like the watercolored pencils you used. This card is just so cute. Grat Job!! Wow!!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this! Your coloring is gorgeous and the colors and paper that you used as well as the glitter added.

    I am really loving those sketches. I think I'm getting addicted to them lol.
    Hugs
    Dee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!