Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bird Nouveau

Okay, here's the scoop. I'm totally terrified of Stampin' Up!'s Soft Subtles color palette. Don't get me wrong. The colors are beautiful. I just tend to shy away from them. So, every now and then I try to push myself outside my comfort zone and let's just say my deodorant was working overtime this time around. You see I was sweating a little when I pulled out the Apricot Appeal and Sage Shadow card stock for this card. I'm not sure why the apricot looks a little banana colored in this photo. Perhaps, the saturation was tweaked a little too much on my photo editing program. You'll just have to trust me. It is truly apricot in real life. Even though it is hard to see, I embossed my bird with embossing powder to give it a little more dimension. By the way, I think the bird would be beautiful water colored in with bold colors. It would give it a little something, something. I also tried to do a little "faux embossing" by adding the tone on tone circles to the Sage Shadow section of the card. (The actual name of this technique is escaping me at the moment. Feel free to leave me a comment if you know the name of this technique.) The button is just a clear Stampin' Up! button with Designer Series Paper behind it. I used the Mojo Monday Sketch 103 for the layout of this card. That's it for me!



Thanks for peeking in on me today!



Supplies: Stamps - Very Thankful; Ink - Basic Black Craft Ink; Paper - Nouveau Chic DSP, Apricot Appeal, Sage Shadow, Basic Black; Accessories - Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, Eyelet Border Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Black Gingham Ribbon, Clear Button

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!