Sunday, October 18, 2009

TLC CLASS - PROJECT #1


I had so much fun with the ladies at my Technique Lovers' Class on Thursday. This is one of the projects that we made using the "kissing" technique. First, we used a brayer with So Saffron Classic Ink to cover the Medallion background stamp. We then inked up the "En Francais" background stamp with Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink and then pressed the two stamps together (kissing) and voila'! That's all there is to it - easy peasy! My design idea for this card was taken right off the cover of the latest Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog with just a few minor tweaks. The lace border was punched out using the Eyelet Border punch from SU! This is a simple and quick card that would be very easy to mass produce.
I'll be back later with more pictures from the TLC class. As always, if you would like to join us for one of my classes, please e-mail me at l_burkitt@yahoo.com and I'll keep you updated on upcoming classes. And don't forget, you can always shop Stampin' Up! 24/7 here. You don't even have to get dressed up or leave your house : )
Thanks for peeking in on me today. Hope you all are having a great weekend. My husband and I celebrated our sixteenth wedding anniversary on Friday. My dear hubby took me to the Franklin Park Conservatory yesterday to see the Chihuly glass exhibit. It was very, very beautiful. He took a kazillion pictures which I'm sure we'll sit down and look at today.

Supplies: Stamps - Medallion Background, En Francais Background, Holidays and Wishes; Paper - Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, So Saffron; Ink - So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red; Accessories - Eyelet Border Punch


3 comments:

  1. Love this! I will be doing this tonight now. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your twist on the cover image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is lovely! I love the idea of KISSING something to that Medallion. I think I thought of that a while ago, but never tried it. Now I WANT to!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!