Saturday, January 9, 2010

LOOK WHOOOOO'S TURNING................


I made this card for my older brother, Greg.  Unfortunately, it will have to be a belated birthday card since it won't reach him until after his birthday.  Even though my brother will be turning............."44", I thought he might like this whimsical little owl.  I sure hope it brings a smile to his face.  I've seen cards using this punch owl on several blogs.  Most recently, I saw it on Julie's blog - Thoughts that Stick.  I'm not sure why, but I decided I had to try it too!  It came together very easily and was a "hoot" to make as well.

Today's card was inspired by Mercy Kerin's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #55 (MTSC55) and Crazy for Challenge's Challenge #19 (C4C19).  Here's a picture of Mercy's sketch challenge.  You can see I didn't follow it exactly.    My circle and owl just looked better offset.  I have really enjoyed breaking out my new goodies from Stampin' Up!'s new Occassions Mini catalog.  I haven't stamped in forever and it really was good for my soul : )  If you haven't checked out the new Occasions Mini or the Sale-A-Bration brochure, you can do so by clicking on the picture of them located on the upper left-hand side of my blog. 
Well, that's it for me today.  Thanks for peeking in on me.  I'm off to stamp some more and finally play with my new Stampin' Up! clear mount stamps and blocks.

Supplies:  Stamps - Look Who's Turning; Paper - SU!'s Sweet Pea DSP, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Taken with Teal, Kraft, Whisper White, Basic Black; Ink - Chocolate Chip, SU!'s Chocolate Chip Marker; Accessories - Stamp-a-Ma-Jig, Buttons Latte, Playground Designer Buttons, White Signo Pen, Sponge Dauber, Circle Scissor Plus; Punches - 1 3/4" Circle, 3/4" Circle, 1/2" Circle, Large Oval,
1 1/4" Square, Round Tab, Heart to Heart, Scallop Circle
*All products Stampin' Up! unless noted*




2 comments:

  1. This is so so darn cute!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'm not familiar with that set. What is the item number??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!