Sunday, January 17, 2010

SMALL WONDER


Today's card was made for a co-worker and his wife who celebrated the birth of their second baby girl last week.  My co-worker's wife also happens to be my husband's cousin.  (Boy, that sounded confusing : )  Aren't small communities great?

I used the Pals Paper Arts PPA24 Simple Sketch Challenge for the layout of my card.  I really like this layout and can see myself using it over and over.  I did, however, struggle making this card.  You see, I don't tend to make very many cards where pink is the main focus.  I live in the testosterone sea at my house - even my dog is a boy!  So, I don't get an opportunity to make "girly" cards very often.  You know what I did discover?  I REALLY like making "girly" cards.  They're fun.  This was also the first time I used the new clear blocks and unmounted stamps from Stampin' Up!.  I LOVE THEM!  I was instantly addicted!

I'll be back later to post the supplies used for this card.  I can tell you that this little card is chocked full of new goodies from the new Stampin' Up! Occassions Mini Catalog! 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I used the template to make a card for Deven's Aunt Ida. She's in rehab for her leg now and really appreciates cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!