Wednesday, January 27, 2010

WHOA, MAMBO!



And I do say, "Whoa!".  Any of you who are familiar with Stampin' Up!'s In Color Mambo Melon know that it is not this overpowering and fluorescent in real life.  Not sure what's up with this picture.  Oh well!  It's much better in person.  You'll just have to trust me : )  Today's card is an easel card.  I've seen them everywhere and you know me.  I had to get in on the action and make one of these buggers.  I must say they are easy to make and the finished project is impressive.  Here's a side view for you.  I've attached a brad in the center of the base so the front of the card stays propped up like an easel.  My card front was CASED from someone much more talented than myself.  I believe it was a card someone received as a swap at the Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference.  Unfortunately, I haven't been successful at finding the blog where I originally saw it.  If you know, please leave me a comment so that I can give credit where it is due.


Well, that's it for me.  Thanks for peeking in on me today!

ETA:  HERE'S THE LINK TO THE ORIGINAL CARD I CASED FOR MY CARD FRONT.  It was designed by Janet Moore. Thanks, Marilyn,  for helping me locate the link.

4 comments:

  1. I believe the card you CASEd was from my Leadership roomie, Janet Moore. A picture of her card is here: http://tinyurl.com/yz8nztx

    Great job on converting it to an easel card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! Love the image and the butterflies! the colors are perfect and I love the easel card, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I just received this butterfly sizzlet and can't wait to try out your idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!