Friday, February 12, 2010

THANK GOODNESS FOR WONDERFUL FRIENDS


I don't know about you, but I'm so beyond thankful that it's Friday. My hubby, son and I are going out to eat with some of our best friends and their daughters this evening. My friend's daughter is having a birthday in a couple weeks. So, I'll think I'll order the cake and ak the waitress/waiter to bring it out to her tonight. Happy B-Day, Miss Abby! My husband also suprised me at work with an amazing bouquet of fresh flowers for Valentine's Day. Oh, I'll have to get him to take a picture of it and share it here with you.  Any whoo..........onto the card!!!


My card today is inspired by Mojo Monday's Week 119 Sketch from way back in December.  I saved it in my sketch folder on my computer and just now got around to using it as my card layout.  I was pretty happy with the way this card took shape.  I don't know what's up with the Mambo Melon again.  I guess my camera just insists on making it much brighter than it really is.  Oh, well...  This card is chocked full of goodies from the Stampin' Up! Occassions Mini - stamps, felt pieces, designer series paper and the new scallop trim corner punch.  Love 'em all - especially the felt pieces.  I wasn't crazy about the way the leaves piece was laying on my card.  So, I just took a pair of paper snips and snipped the leaves in half and attached them separately.  Voila!  Oh, just in case you're wondering, Stampin' Up! also has the coordinating scallop trim punch to go with the scallop trim corner punch.  You can get it for free during Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration.  Just ask me how!

Well, that's it for me today.  Thanks for taking time out of your day to peek in on me!  Have a wonderful and happy Valentine's Day.

Supplies:  (All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless noted.)  Stamps - All Holidays, Dot, Dot, Dot; Ink - Pretty in Pink, SU! Markers - Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Mambo Melon; Paper - Chocolate Chip, Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Sweet Pea DSP, Old Olive Patterns DSP; Acessories - Circle Scissor Plus, Big Shot Machine, Scallop Circle #2 die, Sweet Pea Stitched Felt, Chocolate Chip 1" Double-Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, Tombo Adhesive, Scallop Trim Corner Punch, Scallop Trim Punch 

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!