Sunday, April 18, 2010

PPA38 & OCC Beautiful Butterflies Challenge



Today's card is a result of two challenges.  I decided to play along with Pals Paper Arts PPA38 sketch challenge and Our Creative Corner's Beautiful Butterflies challenge.  I love the simple layout of this sketch and using Stampin' Up!'s square punches make it a breeze to assemble a card such as this one.  When I saw Our Creative Corner's challenge this week, I automatically thought of the Beautiful Wings Embosslits die in the Occassions Mini Catalog.  (You still have until April 30th to purchase Occassions Mini products.  Wink!  Wink!) 
I actually thought I had an original thought this time combining the butterflies with this sketch challenge.  (You that follow my blog know that original ideas from me are sadly few and far between.  I'm a CASEr.  It's sad, but true!)  Imagine my despair when I popped over to Nancy Riley's blog ISTAMP only to find she had the same idea too!  Now, don't get me wrong.  I'm not overly upset about it.  I actually admire the great and wonderful Nancy and to think that I actually was thinking like her was a pure BLISS moment for me!  Although, I have to admit her card is much more wonderful than mine : )

Well, I must get back to the drawing board.  I'm working on a birdhouse card.  I've seen them everywhere and I'm trying to come up with my own pattern for one.  I hope to post it later this week.  Thanks for peeking in on me!  Hope your weekend was a great one!


Supplies:  (All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless noted.)  Stamps - Thank You Kindly; Paper - Sending Love Specialty Paper -  Very Vanilla, Real Red, Chocolate Chip; Ink, - Chocolate Chip Craft Ink, Real Red Classic Ink; Accessories - Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die, Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder, Big Shot Machine, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Very Vanilla 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Real Red Corduroy Brad,  Sponge Dauber, Pop Up Glue Dots, Mini Glue Dots, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack; Punches - 1 1/4" Square, 1 3/8" Square


8 comments:

  1. Lori, my card is no better than yours! ... and don't you forget it! (see me wagging my finger at you? LOL!). Your card is gorgeous! Very well done!

    If it makes you feel any better, I like to CASE too! Have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, Lori! I'm so glad you liked my sketch and so glad you played at PPA! Love the butterflies and the colors you used! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red butterflies and button - they just pop! Great card! Congrats on being a PPA pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pop-up butterflies are great....even "CASEd!" Lovely card....congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! I love the butterflies! Thanks for playing @ PPA, and congrats on being named a PPA Artist Pick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smashing! Congrats on being a Pals Paper Arts Pick! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great card! I just signed up to follow your blog. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!