Friday, April 23, 2010

Summer Mini Sneak Peek

Here's a sneak peek of the Elements of Style stamp set in the upcoming Stampin' Up! Summer Mini that makes it debut on May 1st.  This set is uber vintage.  You're going to love it - especially if you like to color in your images!  Personally, I'm not the greatest at watercoloring, but I took my best stab at it on this card.  And you know what they say, "Practice makes perfect."  It may be hard to see, but after I colored in my flowers using my Classic ink pads and a bender pen, I added Crystal Effects to the flowers.  I also used a Basic Black marker and my color spritzer to add a more vintage feel to my card.  The Pumpkin Pie panel directly behind my stamped image has been embossed with the Stampin' Up! Backgrounds 1 Textures Plate and my Big Shot.  I used a sponge dauber and some Pumpkin Pie Classic ink to the embossed panel to help it stand out a little.  I also added some paper piercing and the thick black stripeded ribbon to finish off my card.

Sorry for the short post tonight and no list of supplies, but I need to go make a fruit pizza to take to my sister's house tonight.  My dear husband and I are going to visit with my nephew while my 8th grader attends a junior high dance.  Oh, the life of a teenage parent.  Sigh!  : )

Thanks for peeking in on me today.  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Lori. The image is definitely vintage, but the clean and modern lines that you gave the card, and some of the elements you introduced, took it another level. One that vintage lovers, or clean and simple lovers could... well... love!
    great job
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card and LOVE the new blog lay-out. When did you do it??? Is this all with the My Digital Studio??? You are goddess in my eys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!