Wednesday, April 14, 2010

VERY VINTAGE


Okay, so one day I AM going to have an original idea in my head.  Guess what?  Today is not that day.  My card today was inspired by this card created by Ann Schach.  I love the Vintage Vogue stamp set in the Stampin' Up! Occassions Mini.  The best part is, is that this set is going to be in the new 2010-2011 Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog.  Hooray!!!  I love, love, love vintage.  You just can't go wrong with it - know what I mean?

My color combination consists of Basic Gray, Kraft, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry.  I used  a Basic Gray corduroy brad  and some silver brads to jazz things up a bit.  (I'm also trying to quit hoarding and start using all these great products.)  If you look closely you might notice I used the Extra Large Two-Step Bird punch for the leaves of my flower.  The bird's wing in this punch makes excellent leaves.  Gotta love that!  I also pulled out my sponges to give the card a more vintage feel.

I'm glad to see that Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo will be returning as part of Stampin' Up!'s color collection in July.  I have to admit that the idea of retiring some of the current Stampin' Up! colors terrified me at first, but I am embracing the change.  I may be embracing the change slowly, but I am embracing it.  I actually think I'm going to be excited about it after I absorb it.

Well, that's it for me today.  I'm heading to Bible Study in a couple hours.  We're studying about the role of a family and the component that every individual plays in a family.  It's good stuff and really makes you think about your role in the family.  Well, that and it makes me realize that I need to step up to the plate a little more and try harder to keep my family a spiritual family.  Thanks for peeking in on me today!  Have a beautiful evening blogging friends!

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!