Wednesday, April 28, 2010

WILLIE WONKIE'S BIRDHOUSE


Okay, so this is not really Willie's birdhouse.  The card just looks "wonkie" in this picture for some reason.  It's slightly open and I've mini glue-dotted a gift card to the inside.  So, I'm guessing it was setting strangely in my light box.  I made this card for a wonderful neighbor of mine.  He cleared my driveway after every snow this past winter.  He's retired and he clears all the neighbors' driveways each winter.  Do you know what a blessing it is to come home after a day's work to find your driveway all cleared off?  Let me tell you, it is WONDERFUL!  He's just an all around great neighbor.  He's always ready to lend a helping hand just when you need it.  Do you have a great neighbor like that?

Okay, enough small talk.  On to the card........I've seen birdhouse cards and boxes all over blogland.  Ever since then, I've been itching to make a birdhouse card myself.  This card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and will fit in a medium size Stampin' Up! envelope.  I used the Woodgrain Background stamp on the front panel to mimic the look of tree bark and then stamped my sentiment from the Bella's Bloom stamp set.  I thought the sentiment was fitting.  The redbird was a snap to assemble.  I just punched him out in Real Red card stock with my Extra Large Two-Step Bird punch and then punched the stem out again with a scrap piece of Old Olive card stock.  The "hole" was punched out in Basic Black card stock with my 1 1/4" circle punch.  The top of my birdhouse was assembled with 1 1/2" pieces of Chocolate Chip card stock.  I punched each strip using my Scallop Edge punch and then sponged each strip for dimension.  (Let me just say that this was "mucho" time consuming.  Wow!)  I trimmed a piece of Whisper White card stock to cover the inside panel of my card and used a sponge dauber with Bashful Blue Classic Ink and a piece of scrap card stock punched with the Scallop Circle punch to make my clouds.  Whew!  Are you still with me?  I think that about covers everything. 

If you are still reading this after my windy post, bless your soul.  Thanks for peeking in on me today!  I'm heading off to Wednesday night church service.  I'm not sure if I'll have any more posts this week.  I need to pack up my supplies for a scrapbook retreat I'm attending this weekend in Wheelersburg.  I'm looking forward to getting caught up on my scrapbook.  I attended the retreat last year and had a ball!  I'm hoping this year will be just as fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!