Monday, May 10, 2010

Non-Stamping Related

I hope all you mothers had a wonderful Mother's Day!  I know I did and what a busy one it was.  I don't normally share family pictures on my blog, but today I'm making an exception.  Last week was my son's birthday and the big dance.  (I can't believe he'll be in high school this coming fall.  I don't even want to think about it.)  Here's a picture taken at home before the traditional Eighth Grade Dance last Friday.  I thought he looked quite "dapper".  (That's a word my grandmother used to use.  Wink!) 

He told me he wasn't going to the dance if he had to wear a shirt and tie.  All I can say is, "Never say never, my man."  We compromised with the "casual" dressy look.  I allowed him to roll up his sleeves, unbutton the top button of his shirt and wear his tie loosely around his neck.  He even tolerated pictures.  Here's another picture with my sister, Sarah, and me.  My sister will probably kill me for this picture.  We were acting goofy and she just got home from a three day conference.  Notice how I cleverly hid myself between my sister and my son.  I hate having my picture taken.  I'm not an ounce photogenic!

After dropping my son off at the dance, I had my husband drop me off to a "Mother/Daughter" banquet at my friend's church.  My friend adopted me for the day since I am now officially motherless.  (My own mother passed away three years ago.)  Saturday was dinner night with the family.  I love spending time with my family.  What better way to celebrate family than food?  Am I right?  Sunday, we darted off to church and then spent the afternoon with my sister, brother-in-law and nephew at the Franklin Park Conservatory.  I love the butterfly exhibit.  I don't think I'll ever grow tired of visiting it.  I see something different every time I go.

Well, I need to get off here.  I have piano lessons to give tonight.  Thanks for peeking in on me and letting me share a little of my life with you.  Have a great week!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!