Saturday, February 26, 2011

BUILD A BLOSSOM MOJO 179


My card today was inspired by the Mojo Monday's Week 179 Sketch.  Well, I guess I should say that it is "sorta" inspired by the sketch.  I exercised some liberty with the sketch.  But that's what it's all about, isn't it?  Sketches were designed to springboard our creativity.  Plus, I knew this sketch would be perfect to use with my Build a Blossom stamp set and punch.  I purchased this set about a month ago but hadn't taken the time to ink it up.  I must say that I'm pleased with the outcome. 

So, here's the story behind the card.  It was designed for a woman I've never met - Julie.  I truly hope she likes it.   I attend church services with her husband's cousin, Robin.  Robin had asked me if I would send Julie a card to cheer her up.  Currently, Julie is fighting breast cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy treatments.  I was told she really appreciates receiving cards and carries them with her to look at during her chemo treatments.  Can I let you in on a secret?  I've never designed and sent a card to someone I've never met.  Let me tell you, it feels really good.  For reasons I can't explain, I wanted this card to be a little special.  I really wanted to pay attention to detail.  I hope Julie knows that even though we've never met, I still hold her close in thoughts and prayers.  I just hope my card reflects that.

That's it for me today.  Thanks for peeking in on me!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  I challenge you to bless a stranger with a handmade card.  Who knows?  You may just make his or her day.

9 comments:

  1. this is just beautiful! great colors! hugz n blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori what a beautiful card, and what a beautiful person you are for following through on your friend's request to cheer another woman on during her current struggle. This gal will truly feel the warmth and love you've sent her way. TFS your note and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful gesture & a wonderful card! Sometimes it's all about doing a little something extra to brighten someone's day. I'm going to take your challenge today! Following you from SC - I'm #355. Hope you visit when you get a chance! http://ribbonsnjulz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing your ideas! I'm follower #367 from SC. You can find me @ www.kendrascorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and great blog! I love the flower. I'm your newest follower from the SC discussion. I'm #344 on the list. Thanks for sharing.
    www.carriesscrapyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card.
    I'm following you from Stampin'Connection. I'm #188 on the list as www.bzstampr.blogspot.com.

    Hope you get better soon!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog. I now follow you from SC #375
    Stacie
    http://stampingwithstacie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card!! I am following from SC#372

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!