Sunday, February 6, 2011

FLAMINGO LOVE FOR THE PAPER PLAYERS

I know I said I'd post cards from my last card class and I will.  The pictures have been uploaded to my computer and need some editing.  In the meantime, I thought I would show you a Valentine card I created this evening.  (Yes, I know - I'm NOT watching the Super Bowl. Gasp!)  The images are from the Stampin' Up! Occasions Mini set called Valentine Defined.  I've laid out my Valentine stamps on my craft space and have vowed not to use any other sets until I've used all my Valentine sets.  I'm so bad about impulsively buying holiday themed sets and (sigh) not using them.  Ugh!  Do any of you ever do that or am I the only one?  This card was created for the Paper Players Challenge this week.  The theme for this week is "Love is in the Air".  Would you like to play along?  You have until Friday, February 11th at 12:00 Midnight to play.  Check out the Paper Players challenges here.
Okay, so on to the card. 



I have to admit that just adhering my images to a "naked" piece of card stock scares me a bit at the moment.  I've been on a kick of embossing every card base I create lately.  So to calm my "embossing folder" withdrawal, I stamped the Bashful Blue card base with the heart flower do-hickeys (the long stems with the heart images at the tops) and then sponged around the edges.  (Sorry it looks gray instead of blue.  Night time photography during the winter is not such a good thing.)  I still think it's missing something though.

That's it for me this evening.  Thanks for peeking in on me.  Sorry for the long period of no posts.  I've got more posts ready to go.  So, please bare with me.....I'm baaaaaaaaaack!

6 comments:

  1. I love the way you restrained yourself from embossing (although I can't seem to do the same lol!!)...the blue flowers are perfect! Love the main image, and the sweet little key/tag combo too! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made grass out of the scallop border! This is super cute! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! what a wonderfully creative use of the Valentine Defined set. Love the clouds behind the flamingoes. Love the flowers off-stamped in the top right hand corner. The grass, the scallop, the top note. Really.. fabulous!
    So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love the clouds behind the flamingos, the grass, the key, the Top Note die! OK...I love it all! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cards! I love the wood look of this card and the key is just perfect. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog, too.
    P.S. I just noticed that what I thought was wood was flower stems. :) Well, I think that this would make a wonderful masculine card...they're so hard to find.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!