Tuesday, February 8, 2011

SPINNER TREAT CUP CARD



As promised, here is one of the cards created during my class last week.  It's a treat holder using Stampin' Up!'s Sweet Treat Cups.  I saw a video tutorial for this type of card on the Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website.  The card shown in the video was a sunflower.  I tweaked my card a bit and came up with a Valentine themed card.

The circle stamped with "love you" is a wheel with a hole punched from the side of the circle.  It allows the recipient to get the candy out without tearing into the card.  Here's how it works.  Simply turn or "spin" the dial so that the punched out circle is exposed and.................................................

There you have it!  An easy way to get to the candy without destroying all the hard work you put into creating your beautiful card!  What a clever idea!  And, if for some reason, you pour one or two or three too many pieces of candy into the treat cup, you could just eat them!  No need to put the candy back in the bag.  Plus, after cleverly designing and assembling this card, you deserve your own treat!  That's all for me today.  I hope you have enjoyed this cute little Valentine project.  Thanks for peeking in on me.  Your visits mean so much!

4 comments:

  1. Love this card Lori. I had fun creating it as well. Love how it is so easy to get the candy out without tearing the card up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the wheel, I hadn't seen this before. Following from SC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card it too cute, I have not yet used any of plastic cups, will have to add to my to do list :D hugs n blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is amazing! TFS
    Following you from SC, stop by and check out my blog if you get a chance.

    Belinda,
    www.studiobeedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!