Saturday, July 23, 2011

LIFE TAKES OVER

Sometimes life takes us along journeys we'd much rather not travel.  Yesterday began that journey for my family and I.  After many months of complaining of acid reflux and a 23 pound weight loss for my father, we learned that he has esophageal cancer.  His local surgeon is not specialized in surgery of the esophagus and Dad has been referred to a surgeon in Columbus.  So we wait some more.  My brothers, sister and I are numb right now.  Fortunately, my father seems to be taking it the best.  In the meantime and all throughout this journey, we will place our faith in God and pray for understanding.

I'm not sure how often I'll be posting projects over the next several days and months.  That's part of the journey I'll have to wait to travel.  Perhaps my heart won't be into stamping.  Perhaps stamping will be my great escape.  I'm really not sure right now.  My heart is with my father and as my only living parent I feel it's important to spend time with him.  I hope you all understand.

I do have a couple of projects that I created earlier this month.  I just need to photograph and edit them.  Hopefully, I'll post them soon.

Thanks for peeking in on me today!  Have a very blessed weekend.

4 comments:

  1. You don't know me but I am a subscriber to your blog and enjoy your postings. Please know that I will keep your Dad and family in my thoughts and prayers. I am relieved to hear that you have found a surgeon. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father was also my only living parent when his cancer returned. Our faith was our anchor. As I look back on those often difficult times, I also realize that many very special memories came from those last few months together. Make the most of your time. Your followers will understand. I'm praying for you even as I write this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, I am a sister stamper and I just stopped by your blog to say hi. I will pray for your Father through his travel through healthier days. Put your faith in God Lori! Hugs to you! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori, I am just stopping by to check in on your how your Father is doing. I hope it is good news you will share with me. I have been traveling around the states since April with convention and all. I hope all is well and please know that I am praying for you and your Father.
    I have been blessed with a new star in my life. The most magnificent man that God brought to me to help me recover with the loss of Mike. I am so happy. Please take care and drop me a line when you can! Hugs,Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!