Monday, April 16, 2012

QUILTS IN THE ATTIC


I created this card for a swap at the Stampin' Up! Regional in Columbus, Ohio this winter.  It was cased from the very talented Julie Leblanc.  You can view her original card using My Digital Studio here.  If you look very closely, you can see that I used the quilting technique (Oh, the technique has escaped me.  Is that right?) on my card.  I love the results of paper piecing and running the panel through the Big Shot with an embossing folder.  Awesome idea!  As you can see, my Big Shot was my best friend for making this card - the butterfly die, the labels die, the embossing folder.........You get the drift.  I tried to limit my use of accessories because I made approximately 30 of these for swaps.  Trying to keep it simple without the "embellishment overload" was challenging for me.  How about you?  Do you like to keep your projects simple or are you like me - queen of the dripping with accessories paper crafter?

Have a great day and thanks for peeking in on me!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are able to post again. (-: Did you mean inlaid embossing for the technique?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Comments are always graciously appreciated!